Ways To Give
Making a gift to Fairfax Library Foundation is thoughtful, appreciated and easy. If you would like to help the Fairfax County Public Library, we welcome your tax-deductible donation in several ways. Any gift may honor a special individual or memorialize a loved one.
1. Donate online via Network For Good (American Express, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard).
2. Donate by mail (check, money order, Visa or MasterCard) using our gift form.
3. Payroll deduction is convenient and easy. Simply contact your employer to enroll in a giving campaign. The Foundation's designation for United Way is 8906, the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign is 3857 and the code for the Combined Federal Campaign is 89943.
4. Employee Gift Matching Programs are offered by many employers. Your employer will provide the required form to increase the impact of your generosity. Our Federal Tax ID number is 54-1722709.
5. All or part of the Virginia tax refund may be contributed by noting the amount on line 28 of the VA Tax return and completing Schedule ADJ. The Library Foundation's Contribution Code is 205501.
6. Planned Gifts are a way to make a significant gift, while enjoying the benefits of charitable incentives that have been placed in the federal tax laws.
You can make a real and tangible difference to Fairfax readers during the Library's current budget shortfall. Thousands of people are on the Library's waiting lists to check out popular books and bestsellers, and because of budget constraints, the Library is not able to buy enough copies to satisfy demand. Now you can help shorten the waiting lists and get books into the hands of avid readers!
Library specialists have created a list of high-demand books that you can purchase through Amazon.com's Wish List program. By donating one of these books to the Library, you can be sure that you're meeting an immediate and specific need.
Purchase a book for the Fairfax County Public Library and be one of the first to read it!
- Click on the link (on the right) Donate Books Through the Amazon.com Wish List!
- Select the books you want to add to the Library’s collection then proceed to the checkout.
- Check that it is a gift and that you want to include a card.
- Enter the words, “First Loan” and the library branch where you wish to pick up the book, your email address, and your library card number in the text box on the right side of the page.
An example is:
Your email address
Your library card number
- Complete your purchase. Once the book arrives at the branch, you will receive notice that the ‘first loan’ book is on hold for you! Be aware that the item is held for seven days. If not retrieved, it will be provided to the next person in the holds queue.
If you have a few hours each week to volunteer for the Foundation, either call 703-324-8300 or e-mail.